TITLE: CDL Truck Driver
Experience Required: 5 years’ experience preferable
Education Required: Class A C.D.L. license, Clean driving record
Salary Range: DOE
Job Description: The primary responsibilities of the truck driver will be to haul materials and waste to and from jobsites. While on jobsites the driver will be under the direction of the supervisor of the job. Other duties will be to move equipment from the shop to the needed location.
Everyday maintenance is required to keep the truck in a useable and safe condition. Any mechanical problems will be reported to the Safety Officer.
If there isn’t any driving work available, it is expected the driver to use that time to perform any maintenance needed on the truck or trailer. If maintenance has been completed, the driver will be available for extra help that may be needed in another area of the company.
Driver must be able to:
1) Hook up a trailer. This requires the driver to climb in order to attach airlines and electrical connections to the trailer.
2) Perform an inspection of the unit. This requires the driver to walk around the unit, bending and reaching to check tire pressure, tailgate closures, air lines under the trailer, brake cams looking for obvious signs of damage or mechanical issues with the unit
3) Deliver equipment to various jobsites as required. The driver must be able to start and run equipment for loading purposes.
4) Capable of driving up to 500 miles per day if needed.
5) Perform minor maintenance on tractor such as add oil, antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, replace lights, etc.
6) Secure load to trailer.
a) Requires the ability to strap material to trailer bed by physically climbing or throwing strap from one side of the trailer to the other.
b) When delivered, material must be unstrapped from trailer bed in order to be offloaded.
7) Must be able to pass an annual D.O.T. physical & random drug tests
8) Work on projects productively when not driving.